Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why is it such a big deal?

Why is reaching 150lbs total loss such a big deal to me?

I don't know. It's certainly not anywhere near my final goal. Well maybe relatively speaking it's close...almost exactly 3/4 of the way to where I ultimately want to be. (Although I still don't know exactly what that is, though I suppose I better start thinking of that range fairly soon.) But for whatever reason, it's a big deal to me.

Okay, honestly? It makes it real to me. I REALLY am doing this! That probably makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to anybody else but me. And to be able to say I've lost 150lbs, even if it's not The End, is undoubtedly the biggest accomplishment of my life to date. Is that to say I don't think losing 140lbs is an accomplishment? Of course not. But for whatever reason, the 150lb mark is somehow a little magical to me.

I apologize in advance for how completely unbearable I will be in another 50lbs!

1 comment:

  1. I think I know the feeling. I have 3lbs to go, and I've lost my first 50. It's a real feeling of accomplishment, and if you really know you can and are doing this - with sucess. I kind of want to be able to see my picture/story with the little 'results not typical' thing next to it!

    Awesome job :)
    Sammie
    http://blogforsammie.blogspot.com/
    http://theskinnyonsammie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete