Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"What people think of me is none of my business"

My WW leader often says that. And it's a good rule to try to live by, but let's face it, we ALL care what other people think about is to some degree. And I have been guilty of caring too much, though I'm slowly getting better at it. Some days are better than others, and some people's opinion matters a whole lot more than others.

But I was thinking the other day about the things that really would bother to know if other people thought those things of me. And what ranks at the top of that list might surprise some people. The things I would hate to be considered the most are:
--selfish
--arrogant
--unkind/rude
--unsupporting

You can call me stupid, ugly, fat, or lazy. It might bother me, but it wouldn't be half as hurtful as calling me any of the things I listed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree and I dunno.
    someone said to my face - you don't look like your pics - implying I was fat and ugly, I guess....I could have died right there....and I never really have gotten over it....
    They call them Significant Others because they are!

    ReplyDelete