Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Naturally Athletic

Some people are naturally athletic. They have a natural gift. To perfect their game, the gift must be nurtured with a lot of hard work and dedication, but they start with perhaps a little edge.

I was once envious of a friend who was called a natural athlete. I would give anything to be thought of as an athlete. But that's not me. I am NOT naturally athletic. I'm not graceful. I'm not naturally powerful or fast. I don't have an exceptional aerobic capacity. Trust me when I say NONE of this physical activity business comes naturally to me. I grew up making a point of avoiding it. If given the option between a quick pick up game of basketball or a pedicure, I'll take the pedicure every time. I don't really like to sweat in public. I'm not cute when I do. I am a full blown sweat bomb.

What I am, however, is a workhorse. I may not have a natural affinity for it, but I WILL work hard at it. I will get in the field and get dirty. I'll do what it takes. It may not come as easy to me as it may to 'natural athlete', but I'm not going to back away from it. I'll put in the time and get it done. I may have to push myself a little harder, but I can do that.

Maybe that should be the name of my business: Workhorse Fitness!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am a sweatbomb :)
    workinghorse or not.
    these days I merely read the TX forecast and I commence sweatage

    its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO!!! Another sweatbomb aqui!!!! I'm always so embarrassed when I workout because I just drip buckets of sweat!!!!

    ReplyDelete