Sunday, October 2, 2011

47 Days until.....

The Warrior Dash!
I can't wait! I made a comment on Facebook that one day I'd like to do something like the Tough Mudder. Not nearly ready for that (for starters, it's a ten mile course!) My former trainer saw that and suggested we do the Warrior Dash. At first I thought I should wait---I surely wasn't capable of that. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought, why not? I can run 5k now. The obstacles don't look completely undoable for me. And bottom line, I figured, was it's a race where you're playing in the mud, so shouldn't I just have fun with it and try the best I can? Who cares if I can't do it fast or gracefully! So I went straight home and signed up. And you know what? I was excited about something for the first time in months and months and months. And months. I was smiling! The first thing to pull me out of this prolonged funk was having a goal, something to challenge myself with. And I've thrown myself into it head first. Well, really feet first. :)
This, boys and girls, is what crazy Aunt Ginny can't wait to do:

No comments:

Post a Comment