Friday, July 20, 2007

Changing the tune in my head...

I really need to work on changing the tune in my head. This may be a weight loss program, but it's really about making healthier choices. And I need to do that for the rest of my life. I am still too focused on the weekly results. In the core of my soul I want it now and I want it fast. I'm willing to do this for the rest of my life, but I just really want to see more results. At the scale. I would hope I have tangible results in my cholesterol levels and blood sugars. And that's great. But I cant see that, and neither can anybody else. I need validation. There it is, I need validation. I feel somewhat betrayed by the results at the scale for how diligent I've been, if you want the complete truth. I read about people who are following the same program I am, but spend their points on fast food somewhat consistently. And they seem to be losing faster than I am. I hate that. I HATE THAT. The three or so times I've dared go near fast food in the last 11 weeks I have had my little Weight Watchers Dining Out Guide with me and got the 'healthy' choice. I am eating healthier more consistently than I ever have in my life and I feel like the weight is not moving as much as it should.
Okay, so I have to change that tune, and I know this. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a new lifestyle now. And I am succeeding with it. Period. But that is not coming easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment