Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's just a number...

Okay, so I had my little pity party last weekend. Oh, it was a party without refreshments, but it was a pity party.
I actually was just about to get into my car to go get Sonic or something. I didn't want to give up on this. I just figured with all the posts I read on the message board over at Weight Watchers about the people who use all their points for fast food and still lose, maybe that's what I need to do. I was convinced my body needed a little shock.
Then somebody called bullshit on me. Nicely of course, but that's what it amounted to. And I'm glad. Having crappy fast food is not what my body needed. It didnt need it then, it doesnt need it now, and it didnt need it all those years I lived off it. OBVIOUSLY it didn't need it then!
If I do everything I'm supposed to do and the weight doesnt drop off as fast as I'd like, there is not a lot more I can do (although I'll get to that in a minute). If I go eat fast food thinking that will help, what have I proved? Even if I DO manage to lose weight, it's not healthy. And if I get into doing that every week thinking that's the ticket, you know that will probably backfire eventually.
So whatever. The scale is just giving me a number. That's all it is. I'm just sick of the feeling that even though I'm following the Weight Watchers rules I'm doing something wrong if the number doesnt go down.
But, there is one thing I'm trying differently this week. It's a brown rice free week. Actually any rice. But all I eat now is brown rice. (The fact that I eat brown rice now exclusively is a post for another day.) I was eating a lot of it, too. I was still within my target points range (under it most of the time) and getting all the good health guidelines in, but I had a lot of rice. Nice, starchy rice. Maybe, just possibly, all that starch is not helping. So I'm trying a week of no rice. It may have nothing to do with it, but maybe it does.
Whatever. It's just a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment