Saturday, September 8, 2007

S W O T

The SWOT tool was posted on one of the Weight Watchers message boards, and it was so good, I'm stealing it!
Today is a good day for me to learn about SWOT. I had a one pound gain. Booo hiss boooo. I was sidelined from cardio exercise pretty much all week, and maybe all next week until I see the doctor. I had a feeling it might show up at the scale. On the other hand, maybe it had nothing to do with that. I have been retaining some water (which I think is partly due to the lack of cardio, too, but who knows...) I'm really over letting the scale define me, but its always a disappointment when you feel like you deserve more than what you get. Oh well, welcome to life!
So SWOT. Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats. Apparently this is an analysis taught in business classes. Well, it works for any challenge, I would say!
So here's my analysis of myself.

Strengths: experience, past success. I can't be told I cant do this because I have done it before.
determination--I WANT this.
Availability of information/tools: with the internet, I can easily find answers to
my questions and talk with others who are going through the same things.


Weaknesses: I dont inherently like to exercise. I am a procrastinator. I can justify pretty much
anything. I can be lazy. Not fully believing I am worth the love and respect of
others.

Opportunities: Every meal, every snack, every day is an opportunity. Every food related
decision is an opportunity to make the right choice or the wrong choice.


Threats: People who are threatened by weight loss. People who judge me for what I look like
now. Letting the words and actions of others undermine how I feel and what I know
about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment