Sunday, November 8, 2009

Consider the source....

So yesterday I had an encounter that, without going into details, was something that could have rocked my confidence, if I'd let it. Basically, somebody came up to me and a friend from work that I was working out with, and asked if I was "new to the gym" and "a beginner". I let that irritate me for about 15 seconds, and then I had to consider the source. She doesn't remember me, and there's a good reason for that.

When other people say random things to me, I have to again consider the source. Do they know anything about me? Most of the time they really don't. I often let those random comments bother me way too much. But I have to consider the source.

But really, the source I have to consider and take to heart the most is me. What am I telling myself? That's really the only source that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment