Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Waiting on perfection

I'm always the one who says "perfect = boring". I don't ever want to be perfect. I'm flawed and I embrace that.

But while I may not be striving for perfection, I am guilty of holding off on some things until I am closer to perfection than not. One of the scary things to me about that is how easy it is for good enough to never be good enough. And I may say I'm not striving for perfection, but there is always more to attain. Constantly working towards a better goal is fine, except when I'm convincing myself life has to be put on hold until that happens.

I would never, ever encourage anybody else to do that. But the clarity I have in seeing the potential in other people sometimes is a cloudy, smudged up lens when I look within myself.

Really, it's just another way to make it easier to stay in my comfort zone. Looks like it's time for a push. No, make that a shove.

No comments:

Post a Comment