Sunday, January 17, 2010

That extra baggage is going to cost ya....

Most airlines are charging for extra baggage. Why? The simple answer is to increase the profit margin. How? The more baggage stuffed into the hold, the heavier the plane. The heavier the plane, the more fuel it will burn. So they pass the increase on to you.


Carrying around extra emotional baggage does the same thing. It weighs you down. It makes you run less efficiently on an emotional level. Trust me, I am the CONSUMMATE over packer. And I'm paying for it. I hang on to things. Usually the bad things. I'll forget the positive comment in about ten minutes. I can tell you negative things verbatim from years ago. This just has to stop. The crappy things people say to us, the even crappier things we say to ourselves, everything we use to weigh ourselves down and feel bad about who we are. We have got to let it go. I have got to let it go. It's costing me too much to carry it around.

1 comment:

  1. amen to that.
    and it's amazing how freeing ALMOSTFLOATING it can feel to slam that baggage to the ground and WALK AWAY.

    xo xo,

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete