Sunday, February 28, 2010

Training for something great....

The Olympics are over, sadly. I love the Olympics. I love the pomp and circumstance of the ceremonies. I love the stories and the back stories. Can you imagine training your entire life to lay it all on the line for one game, one tournament, or a couple of 4 minute performances? That's a lot of dedication. That's a lot of blood, sweat and tears. But I'll bet if you asked any of them, whether then won a gold medal or just had the chance to participate with no hope of a medal, they would all say every sacrifice, every tear that fell, every bump, bruise and broken heart along the way was worth it, just to be able to say they are an Olympian.

So ask yourself, next time you face a struggle in your journey to get healthy, how great is the payoff to you? How badly to you want that brass ring? That gold medal?

Because you will face them. They'll come at you from every angle. This is partly why I hate being referred to as an inspiration. Whatever I do or have done is not going to get anybody else through their own struggle. Each of us has to fight for this. And it IS a fight, don't kid yourselves. Every single day is a battle to keep the momentum. Every day is filled with opportunities to make good choices or bad choices. The enemy is internal and external. Some of the external enemies are obvious. Some are disguised as well meaning people who just don't get it. The internal enemy is the voice in your head that tells you everything negative. Or convinces you that "just this once" is no big deal, even if it's the fourth time that day alone.

I'm not an inspiration. But I am dedicated. I'm dedicated to becoming successful at this. Because I believe I can do whatever I chose to do, as long as I'm willing to work hard to get it. As long as I'm willing to put in the blood, sweat and tears. I'm in training for something great.

And there's room for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment