Monday, March 29, 2010

Do I have anything to say? I mean really say?

Sometimes I stare at the screen and wonder if I have anything worthwhile to say. Usually an idea pops in my head and I think "oh, I should blog about THAT" rather than sit down and force myself to write something.

This blog is just my journal, really. What goes on in my scary brain. Except that I made my scary brain public. (Well, most of it!)

So today somebody suggested something...a book. Generally the suggestion is something to read. This time, though, the suggestion was the opposite, that I write one.

Wait, what?

My question to myself is, what do I have to say? I'm not looking to write the next great weight loss book. I don't have all the answers. And if it's just my story, is my story really that compelling? I'm not so sure. Although I'm not convinced it's not, either. (Heaven knows Weight Watchers didn't think so. But that's fine, I'll decline any offers to appear in their commercials. Unless it's with the Duchess of York and she brings her handsome nephew. Then I'll consider it!)

What makes me unique? What would make somebody pick up the book and think it was worth a read?

Five years ago I was battling serious depression, chronic pain (and don't think the two aren't connected) and my life was, well, it sucked. I changed that. Okay, there's a story in that, but do people REALLY care to hear about it?

I guess there's only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment