Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will I ever.....

Today was one of those days when I looked in the mirror and all I could think was GROSS. And strangely, the days I have the reaction are days people stop and tell me how they can tell I'm losing. All I can think to myself is riiiiiight. But I smile and say thank you anyway. Most of the time! And then I committed a cardinal sin this morning. I got on the scale, midweek. It showed I gained a half a pound. Despite towing the line all week. Despite accounting for every single thing that went in my mouth. Despite it all. And I know better than to worry about it. But I do.
So it's no wonder, between the scale and the mirror, that today I started to think, will I ever be a healthy weight? I'm almost 3/4 of the way there, and yet I still wonder if it will ever really happen. I try really hard not to think that way, but I do. I won't give in to them, though. Right after that thought creeped into my head, I got out of the car and did a hard (but really fun!) spin class. Shut up those voices for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you will! I have faith in you! I try to never "listen" to what the scale says midweek, though it is hard. Last week, it showed me as being up by over a pound all week, and then I showed a good loss. You just never know! I also have days like that with my own mirror. Way to go on the spin class!

    ReplyDelete