Sunday, October 9, 2011

Do you believe you deserve to be happy, thin and healthy?

I had that question posed to me within the first 10 minutes or so of my first counseling session. I had to answer honestly (or what would be the point, right?) I told him up until the last couple of weeks, I was convinced I must not deserve to be happy. I could manage getting thin and healthy, but it just seemed like happy wasn't going to happen. And I was starting to accept it. Good thing I finally had a hard epiphany that it was a complete load of crap. I deserve happiness just as much as you do. We all do. And it's all up to me. Well, not your happiness. :) And it may sound like I'm repeating myself, and I probably am, but if we don't believe we have the inalienable right to be happy, then we're going to look for ways to find unhappiness. I'm too old to for that. I WANT to be happy. After deciding that, I've had a couple of really great weeks in my little world. ANd at the scale. Go figure!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I too am choosing to be happy. A huge change for me is to stop letting other people bring me down. And I am now back in control of my eating habits!

    ReplyDelete