Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2011 is history. Unchangeable. Done. Over. Finito. 2012 is here, and with it a chance for change, growth and, well, kicking ass. It's my year, and I'm living this one for ME. I've been thinking quite a lot about what living for me should look like. It's a work in progress, but this is my personal prescription for 2012. --First and foremost: be more mindful, more present. This one is going to be a big challenge for a died in the wool over-thinker. "Let it come. Let it Be. Let it Go." This is SO not my nature. But I truly feel learning to be more mindful will make me a happier person. --Push Back. This is a direct instruction from my therapist. Push. Back. Stop taking it from the people in your life without pushing it back. Believe it or not, this is going to take practice in mindfulness. Because generally I push it down instead of out, and it festers. No more. That's a spirit killer right there. --Embrace who I am. Yeah, again, this is a terrible area for me. But I want to own who I am. Flaws and all. And be proud of it. And if I'm an inspiration along the way, I'm just going to go with it! --Balance. I need balance in a lot of areas. Mainly my over-training tendencies. And beating myself up when I don't work out too much. And feeling like I owe everybody an explanation. --Change. Simply summed up, some things need to change. I need a new perspective, new attitude, new habits. 2012 is the year to make it happen. (At least until the world ends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment