Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Open Letter to....Me.

Hey there kiddo! How's it going? I just wanted to check in with you before we get too far into 2012. If there is one theme for this year I really want you to remember and grab hold of, it's that this is the year you make yourself a priority. I mean TRULY make yourself a priority. You have your own goals and dreams that are important to you. You know you've worked hard at them (most of the time), but you so quickly sacrifice your needs and wants to help others. Don't get me wrong, helping others is who you are, it's part of what defines you. But you all too often let it take priority. And all too often you see that when it's time for you to look for some support it's not always easy to find. You've always been something of a rock for others, so maybe they just don't see you as needing from others. Regardless, you have to rely on yourself. So rather than be disappointed in the shortcomings of others, take care of your needs and you know they'll be met, right? I'm really proud of you for signing up for that new exercise group without worrying about how it would effect your availability. I know you believe in yourself, kiddo, so I know you're going to get to your goal. I would love for that to happen this year, but just remember this is about the journey, not about the destination. You'll get there right exactly at the right time. The longer it takes, the more I believe you are making all these changes truly for life. Give yourself a little grace once in a while, will ya? You are a great person. You're a great friend to many people. You have a big heart. Sometimes having a heart that big makes it an easy target, but you have to stop thinking everything is your fault. It never was when you were a kid, you just made an easy target then, too. Really, the bottom line is it's okay to love yourself. It's okay to be exactly who you are. Continue to expect a lot from yourself because you DO have the capacity to deliver. Just take things one day at a time, moment by moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny~
    A great letter to yourself. Might have to do one of these for myself too. I have a blog also and you are welcome to check it out. I had started out doing the Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise so many of my friends that I blog with are following that plan but they are all wonderful & supportive of me in my WW journey. Congrats again on your great success! You look so much younger now. Isnt that amazing how that happens?
    Blessings & happy scales.
    Sherri
    http://losingitwiththebfc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete