Thursday, July 12, 2007

What if I don't lose this week!!??

Its basically one more day until the weekly faceoff with the scale. I know in my head that the scale lies and it isn't what's most important, but my heart is still focused on showing a loss every week. Well, focused on it the day before weigh in. After its done and for the rest of the week, whether it was up or down, I don't let it dictate the choices I make. Because the scale can be your best friend or your worst enemy with no rational explanation as for which you might get.
This week I'm especially freaked out. By Weight Watchers standards, I totally stayed on program. I accounted for everything that went into my mouth. Even the super giant cheeseburger from Fuddruckers. But even with the super giant cheeseburger, I was on plan, I did not go over my weekly points, so I shouldn't be worried. But I am. This is the first time in the ten weeks I have really indulged for one meal. That's real life, though, right? There will be times of splurging. I got right back to business the next meal, so whatever the scale says, that IS the true victory.
But I'm paying for my weight to be watched. That's how they decide if I did good or bad. Even though the Weight Watchers leader keeps reminding us the scale lies, that is how we're rewarded. Lifetime membership isn't awarded for reduction in your BMI or how many inches you lost, it's on weight. So for the one hour each week I go to my Weight Watchers meeting, it really matters.
And I get nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment