Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What if...

What if I had never been fat?
Would I have been in the popular crowed? Would I have been a cheerleader, or the Homecoming Queen?
Would I have been a star athlete...a gymnast or a track star?
Would I have married my high school sweetheart much too soon and had five kids and be stuck in a loveless marriage?
Would I have had the confidence to try all those things I wish I had?
Would I have had different career? Would I be a different person altogether?

But I was fat. And I am who I am. And who I am, right now, is exactly who I am supposed to be. This was all pre-ordained. I am becoming a different person on the outside, and a little bit on the inside. But whatever I become, it will always be a product of who I was.
And I like that.

4 comments:

  1. Well put! I wouldn't take one single thing from my past b/c all of it brought me to where I am now. There's always a lesson.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really to stay out of my head woman......LOL All kidding aside, I was thinking this same kind of stuff just the other day. I am glad I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I think things like this all the time, but I'm OK with the way things have turned out so far.

    ReplyDelete