Friday, August 22, 2008

An Open Letter to Karen (my evil yet angelic trainer)

Dear Karen:
I hope you had a nice week off. I missed seeing you in the gym. I did flirt with the idea of taking a week off the gym myself, but decided that was not a wise thing to do. So I thought I'd give you a rundown of my week. Why? Well sometimes I feel like I go too easy on myself the days I don't work with you.
So first off, instead of doing weights Saturday, Tuesday and THursday, I did weights Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Saturday I just did 32s, three sets of everything. On Monday I did the cardio intervals, one minute between the weights. That was fun. And it didn't seem very hard. So I mentioned it to a friend at work. She said to do two minute intervals. That kicked my butt. But why stop there? Tonight (Friday) I did three minute intervals. I am actually too tired to yawn. I didn't think I'd be able to do any cardio after the weight/cardio intervals, but I managed to stay on the elliptical for 30 minutes.
I have no idea how this will show up at the scales tomorrow, but I know I worked hard.

Just wanted you to be proud!

2 comments:

  1. Karen - she's telling the truth! I'm a witness... she worked way harder than me this week!!

    Way to go, Gin. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny,

    You so totally rock and inspire me to live up to that evil, yet angelic reputation. I think you're going to kick my butt in our race.

    Love Ya,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete