Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Dark Side may have cookies....

But as I very vividly remember, that's about all it had to offer. I have to keep reminding myself of that. Every once in awhile my demons decide to take me on a trip to The Dark Side, just for old times sake. The trips are getting less frequent, and the stay is a little shorter every time. But somehow I still find my way back there.

So I remind myself that The Dark Side didn't get my anywhere close to the life I wanted. It took me farther away. And even if, in the short term, it feels more comfortable to hang out over there, I remember what the extended stay plan entailed. And it's scary. Some days I think I'm one day in bed from another permanent move back there. So I make a point, no matter how much I want to, to stay out of bed during daylight hours.

Besides, the cookies were never that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment